• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Q&A Beginner

lashon lee

I have my associate degree in medical billing and coding but I do not any coding or billing experience. How would I go about becoming a certified coder or biller? if you are not certified how can you go about getting that experience to become a medical biller or coder?

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Great questions that come up for everyone thinking about medical coding as a career!

We have lots of information on this topic that CodingCertification.Org gives away for free. Just go to our
Medical Coding Related Guides and Download page and click on "How to Get Started in the Lucrative Medical Coding Field" to get this free download. Also, click on "How to Become a Certified Medical Coder" and you will get a series of emails on this topic. We have way too much information to deliver about these topics in the forum, so we've put together the information in an efficient way, and it is free. Please take advantage of this helpful information!

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
A quick point to add. Your education takes one year off your "A". ;) If you get certified, and we can help you with that here at CCO you will find it easier to get a position. Also, stay positive, network and go to local chapter meetings. CCO PBC Course